Thank you for taking part in the Hangleton Rangers Youth U9 tournament.
We want a tournament suitable for all, where each player gets as much from the event as possible. With that in mind our mixed ability teams should be those likely to be a middle stream of a league and our development teams should provide a match experience to continue the learning of the development teams players.
Every team will play 5 matches, with just under an hour of total game time
There are 2 mixed ability groups. After the group stages the top 2 from each group will enter a knockout tournament for the Kleen Kitchen Trophy. Sides finishing 3rd and 4th in their group will enter a tournament for the Heating Up Trophy.
There is 1 development group. After the group stage, the 4 teams will enter a knockout tournament for the Premier Sports Trophy.
– Only players, coaches and referees are allowed to access the 3G playing area.
– All players, coaches and referees must be wearing studded football boots whilst on the 3G surface.
– No food is to be consumed on the 3G pitch. Water is allowed in a suitable drinking bottle.
– All litter to be placed in the bins provided or taken home with you.
– Toilets and refreshments are available in the Sports Centre. Please limit access to the Centre solely for purchasing refreshments or using the toilets.
– Please respect the facilities and the venue staff.
- Name of Competition: The tournament shall be known as the Hangleton Rangers U9 Tournament.
- Eligibility: The tournament is intended for players eligible to play U9 football in the 2021/22 season. We have a mixed ability tournament for teams who would compete in a middle stream league. We also have a tournament specifically for development teams. Please keep teams and players selected for the tournament within the intended spirit of this competition.
- Teams: All players shall be bona fide members of their Club and play for only one team in this Competition. Each match shall be played between two teams consisting of six players including a goalkeeper.
- Substitutions: Rolling Substitutes will be allowed. Any substitution must be made with the referee’s permission.
- Format: Each team in each group will play one another once. Three points will be awarded for a win and one point for a draw.
Final positions in the leagues will be determined by points. In the event of a tie then the final positions will be decided by the following: firstly, by goal difference; secondly, by the team scoring most goals; thirdly, by the result of the game between the sides or the aggregate result if they have played each other more than once; and finally, by a penalty shoot-out.
- Duration of Game:
Group games: Two halves of 5 minutes, 30 seconds break between halves.
Semi finals, 3rd place plays off and finals: Two halves of 7 minutes.
- Semi-final, 3rd place and Final: In the event of a draw at the end of normal time the winners will be decided by a penalty shoot-out.
- Penalties: The following format will apply to ALL penalty shoot-outs.
The first three players from each team will take alternate penalties. At the end of this the team who scored the most goals will be declared the winners. If the scores are tied, then the remaining players will take alternate penalties on a sudden death basis. If the scores are still tied once all players have taken one penalty, then the sudden death format will continue in the same order. Goals can only be scored directly from the penalty kick; rebounds are not permitted.
- Referees: The referee will be the sole arbiter on points of dispute, and he/she shall be empowered to interpret the rules governing small sided football. Respect for the referee is expected from all players, coaches, parents, and other supporters.
- Reporting of Results: It is the responsibility of the WINNING team’s manager to report the result to the results area immediately after the match. The referee will supply the result on a piece of paper that needs to be handed in at the score desk.
- Kick off Times: Please be prompt for all your games.
- Laws of the Tournament:
– No Offside
– No drop kicks – the keeper must roll or throw the ball during open play.
– Goal kicks must be taken from the goal line.
– A goal cannot be scored direct from a goal kick.
– Opposing players shall be at least 5 yards away from the ball when a free kick is taken. All free kicks are direct free kicks.
– A goal cannot be scored directly from kick-off.
– All other rules of the game will apply including the back-pass rule.
– The ‘Goal Kick’ law will apply. Opponents must retreat into their own half until the ball is in play. The defending team does not have to wait for the opposition to retreat and has the option to restart the game before should they choose to. The ball is in play when it is kicked directly out of the penalty area.
- Fouls and Misconduct: The Sussex F.A rules will apply in all respects and are as follows. Referees will issue a Blue (yellow) card for a cautionable offence. This will be followed by a 2 minute ‘sin bin’. In the event of the same player then receiving a further blue (yellow) card in the same match, the player will receive an automatic 1 match suspension. Should a player receive a straight red card for denying a goal or obvious goal scoring opportunity, this was also result in a 1 match suspension in the tournament. A 2-match suspension will result for use of offensive, insulting, or abusive gestures. A 3-match suspension will apply for violent conduct or serious foul play. The referee must report any such cases of misconduct to the referee’s coordinator at the end of each match. Any offence outside of the above should be notified to the Sussex County F.A. within their guidelines. Full details can be found as follows www.sussexfa.com/club/small-sided-tournaments
- Abandonment: Where a referee abandons a match due to the behaviour of any team’s players, officials, or spectators, then 3 points will be awarded to the opposing team regardless of how much time is left to play in the match or the score at the time of abandonment. The managing committee also reserves to right to disqualify the team responsible for the remainder of the tournament.
- Disqualification: In the unlikely event any team is disqualified from the tournament by the management committee, all points and scores from matches featuring that team will be canceled.
There will be no refund of any entry fees paid.
- Pitches: Playing areas shall be within the recommended size of pitches as set down by the F.A. Laws for Mini-Soccer. The length of the pitch shall always be greater than the width.
- Colours: In the event of a colour clash the second named team (the away team) in the fixture will change shirts or wear bibs.
- Start of Play: The first named team (home team) will start the play with a kick-off from the centre spot.
- Provision of Match Ball: Hangleton Rangers will provide the match ball.
- Trophies and Medals: All players to receive a medal. The winning team of the three competitions will receive a trophy.
Entry to and/or participation in this event is entirely at your own risk. Hangleton Rangers Youth F.C and its appointed agents accept no liability whatsoever for any injury to competitors or spectators howsoever caused. Similarly, Hangleton Rangers Youth FC accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage to vehicles and/or property during this event.